Frame Serial Number
The frame serial number is stamped into the rightside of the steering head pipe.
Starting Serial Number:
Engine Serial Number
The engine serial number is stamped into the elevated part of the right rear section of the engine.
NOTE: The first three digits of these numbers are for model identification; the remaining digits are the unit production number.
NOTE: Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
The proper special tools are necessary for complete and accurate tune-up and assembly. Using the correct special tool will help to prevent damage from improper tools or improvised techniques.
1. Compression gauge P/N. 90890-03081
2. Inductive timing light P/N. 90890-03109
3. Inducive tachometer P/N. 90890-03113
4. Fuel level gauge P/N. 90890-01312
5. Vacuum gauge P/N. 90890-03094
This gauge is needed for carburetor synchronization.
For engine service
1. Clutch holding tool P/N. 90890-04086
This tool is used to hold the clutch when removing or installing the clutch boss lock nut
2. Tappet adjusting tool P/N. 90890-01245
This tool is necessary to replace valve adjusting pads.
3. Valve guide reamer P/N. 90890-01227
This must be used when replacing the valve guide.
4. Valve seat cutter set P/N. YM-91043
This tool is needed to re-surface the valve seat.
5. Valve guide remover P/N. 90890-01225
This must be used to remove the valve guides.
6. Valve guide installer P/N. 90890-04017
This tool is needed for proper installation of the valve guides.
7. Valve spring compressor P/N. 90890-04019
This tool must be used for removing and installing the valve assemblies.
8. Piston ring compressor P/N. 90890-04044
This is used to compress piston rings when installing the cylinder.
9. Piston base
Use 4 of these to hold the piston during cylinder installation.
10. Rotor puller
This tool is needed to remove the A. C. generator
11. Rotor puller attachment P/N. 90890-04052
This tool is needed when removing the A. C. generator rotor together with the rotor puller.
12. Rotor holding tool P/N. 90890-04043
This tool is used to hold the A. C. generator rotor during removal and installation.
13. Piston pin puller P/N. 90890-01304
This tool is used to remove the piston pin.
14. Y. I. C. S. (Yamaha Induction control system) shut off tool P/N. 90890-04068
This tool is used to carburetor synchronization.
15. Plastigauge set "Green" P/N. YU-33210
This gauge is needed when measuring clearance for connecting rod bearing.
For chassis service
P/N. 90890-01326 Damper rod holder P/N. 90890-01365
This tool is used to loosen and tighten the front fork cylinder holding bolt
2. Fork seal driver
Fork seal driver attachment
This tool used to reassemble the front fork.
For shaft drive service
1. Middle drive pinion holder P/N. 90890-04080
This tool is needed when measuring gear lash.
2. Middle and final gear holding tool P/N. 90890-01229
This tool is needed when measuring gear lasn.
3. Torx driver (# 40) P/N. 90890-04049
This tool is used to loosen or tighten the drive axle bearing stopper bolt
4. Dial gauge
This too is used when measuring gear lash for middle and final gear.
5. Gear lash measurement tool (Final gear) P/N. 90890-01230
This tool is needed when measuring gear lash for final gear.