J. Crankcase Disassembly
1. Remove the upper crankcase bolts, starting the highest numbered bolt. Turn over the engine and remove the lower crankcase bolts,
CRANKCASE TORQUE SEQUENCE
2. Separate the lower case from the engine. Use a soft rubber hammer to carefully separate the crankcase.
K. Upper Crankcase
1. Remove the middle drive gear and damper assembly.
2. Remove the transmission main shaft assembly.
3. Remove the A.C.G. shaft cover.
4, Remove the oil spray nozzle.
5. Carefully remove the A.C.G. shaft from the gear.
6. Remove the gear from the chain.
7. Straighten the lock washer tube and remove the bolt securing the starter idle gear shaft. Remove the shaft and starter idle gear.