13. Remove the front cylinder holding nut and remove the cylinder assembly. It may be necessary to tap the cylinder lightly to loosen it from the base gasket.
14. Remove the rear cam chain guide by loosening the holding bolt.
1. Holding bolt 2. Rear cam chain guide
B. Cylinder Head Disassembly
1. Remove the valve lifters and pads. Be careful not to scratch the lifter bodies or lifter bores in the cylinder head. Be very careful to identify each lifters position so that it may be returned to its original place.
1. Valve filter 2. Adjusting pad
2. Mount the valve spring compressor on the head and depress each valve spring. Take out the retainer and valve spring with tweezers.
1. Valve spring compressor
3. Remove valves.
Deburr any deformed valve stem end. Use an oil stone to smooth the stem end. This will help prevent damage to the valve guide during valve removal.
4. Use a small box to hold the parts and identify the original position of each lifter and valve. Be very careful not to mix the location of these components.