Oil Pump and Middle Gear DisassemblyOil Pump and Middle Gear Disassembly xjcdadmin Thu, 04/23/2009 - 15:15
H. Oil Pump Removal and Disassembly
1. Remove the strainer cover. Note the wire harness clip position.
2. Remove the oil pump securing bolts and remove the sprocket cover and oil pump assembly.
Do not attempt to remove the strainer screen as it is permanently fitted onto the pump housing. If the pump housing and/or any parts of the pump are damaged, the pump assembly must be replaced with a new one.
3. Remove the oil pump driven sprocket.
4. Remove the oil pump cover and rotor assembly.
5. Remove the pressure relief valve spring and plunger.
I. Middle Gear
1. Remove the middle driven gear housing holding bolts.
2. Remove the middle driven gear housing assembly and shims.
If it is difficult to remove housing assembly, loosen the two crankcase bolts located near the middle driven gear housing.
3. Remove "TORX" screws holding the middle drive gear assembly.
4. Remove the bearing retainers.